Sunday, February 27, 2005

What this is about

I suppose I should tell everyone sort of what this waste of bandwidth is all about, at least as I envision it at present.

This is a space for my commentary about things, things political, maybe, cultural, sometimes, religious, possibly, familial, certainly. As it develops further, one may be hard-pressed to assess my position on the ideological continuum. I can assure you that, like a frigate on the open seas, my position is hardly fixed. I will attempt to be funny, but, more often than not, those attempts will fail miserably. I don't hate anyone, although I will disagree with quite a few. I may call names from time to time, but more often than not it will be a poor attempt at sarcastic and sardonic humour. As the header says, take what you like and leave the rest.

One constant you may notice is that I am generally disdainful of popular culture. I'll talk more about that in a later post.

Let me tell you a little more about myself. I live in a small, tidy bungalow in America's heartland (the so-called flyover country) with The Wife and our two children, The Boy and The Boy 2d. We are thoroughly hum-drum middle class, and we likes it that way! We're the type of people that the bi-coastal elites claim to speak for but really hold in contempt as being banal. We're traditional. Unremarkable as the pop culture defines it. And we don't care.

I hope you'll join me on this quest for averagedom. Average is not bad. Average is, actually, the norm.

Launch boats!

No comments: