Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Oscars

As I mentioned in my previous post, I hold the popular culture, for the most part, in utter contempt. I don't know from contemporary celebrities and I don't care.

For instance, I understand that the movie people will be doing their self-congratulatory huzzahs sometime soon. All the teevee networks are talking about it, as if it were something even remotely important. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Virtually everyone in that sad industry seems hell-bent on giving affront to concepts and ideas I hold dear, and if some aren't actively participating in this iconoclasm of traditionalism, then they lend it credence by their association with it. So why should I give them anything?

I do like somethings in popular entertainment, but not much. You can see in my profile movies and music I do like. But generally I dismiss it all as so much wasted time and money. Frankly, I cannot understand why anyone in this work-a-day life should care whether the latest hot starlet Moonbeam Wombat is happy in shacking up with hunky young star Overinflated Ego. But people are caught up in that.

If anyone can explain why I should care even in the slightest about celebrities and all that is attendant thereto, I am willing to listen.

That is all.

1 comment:

Boatswain's Mate said...

Thanks, charity boy, even if it was only a test.

Keep coming back.